The path suggested below will help you to plan your efforts efficiently and effectively. When possible, an estimate of the required time is provided and important points to take into account in your planning are emphasized. The order in which certain steps are taken may have an impact on subsequent steps with regard to time and costs. In addition, hyperlinks to the detailed process are inserted at different places in the table to make it easier to connect information about planning your path and the process you need to start in order to obtain the right to practice the profession in Quebec.
- Obtain CSQ*
Estimated time*: See MIDI* website for estimate.
- Obtain permanent residency
Estimated time*: See Citizenship and Immigration Canada website for estimate.
- Learning - Estimated time: several years to attain advanced proficiency in French.
- A CSQ* is required to access free French courses offered by MIDI*.
- Provide the time required to attain a functional level of reading English.
- * CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec
- * ESTIMATED TIME: estimate subject to circumstances
- * MIDI: Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (Québec)
- *OEQ: Ordre des ergothérapeutes du Québec